- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast
- spices: turmeric, smoked paprika, pepper, garlic powder
- Pinch salt (or use veggie stock powder for more flavour)
- 1/3 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 onion
- half cup shredded broccoli
- 1/4 chub (10 slices) of Plantcraft Pepperoni
- oil for frying
Optional filling ideas:
- vegan cheese
- diced zucchini
- sundried tomatoes
- bok choy
- Start with the chickpea (garbanzo bean) butter first. Mix all the dry ingredients and the spices in a bowl, then add the plant milk and stir until smooth. It will look runny but it thickens up while you prep the veggies.
- Dice up your onion. Add a few drops of oil to a non-stick frying pa and saute the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Dice the rest of your veggies you want to add (about ¼ cup per scramble) and saute on medium-low for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Turn up the heat to medium and pour the batter over the veggies, making sure it covers them evenly – while still wet, you can give it a shake or move around with your spatula. Cook about 5 minutes until the top no longer looks wet.
- Start breaking up the scramble, flipping each bit as you are breaking it up. Time to add our pepperoni slices. They don’t need a lot of cooking, just crisp them up. Cook for an additional 3 minutes until no longer soft in the middle. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and hints:
- You can use the same recipe to make an omelette. After step 3, remove your sauteed veggies from the pan, add some more oil and fry the batter as you would a pancake. Carefully flip over, then fill your veggies back, add vegan cheese and fold over so the filling is in the middle. Cook each side until golden then serve.
- Don’t taste the batter uncooked. It is not nice but will be delicious when cooked.
- You can mix chunks of vegan cream cheese in the batter for a creamier texture.