It’s the time of the year when sports fanatics throw parties and let’s be honest, the snack game is just as strong!
You can get creative with these easy and fun crowd pleasers, and they can all be prepared upfront, so you don’t have to worry about timing, just chuck in your airfryer when you are ready to snack.
- 12 small corn tortillas
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 2 chubs Plantcraft spicy pâté
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup black beans
- vegan queso or cream cheese
- Preheat your airfryer 395 degrees.
- Soften your corn tortillas, by wrapping then in a wet tea towel and warming them for 15-30 seconds in the microwave. Keep your tortillas under the tea towel while working to keep them soft and easy to roll – fill 2 or 3 tortillas at a time.
- Spoon a teaspoon of enchilada sauce onto the middle of the tortilla. Spread thinly across the entire circle, leaving an inch around the edges.
- Choosing one end of the tortilla, spread the beans and corns lengthwise, then add your queso, and squeeze the spicy pâté on top.
- Roll tightly and pack firmly in your airfryer tray, seam side down. If the taco is dry and wouldn’t stay rolled up, you can secure with the toothpick until it goes into the
- Repeat process until all tortillas are filled, rolled, secured and placed on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Airfry for 6-8 minutes, until edges of the taquitos are slightly browned.
- While the taquitos are cooking, prepare the creamy salsa dip, guacamole or any other dip you are using.
- Serve with dips of your choosing.
- You can prepare the taquitos upfront, and keep in the fridge, covered, until you are ready to snack.
- If you don’t have enchilada sauce, you can use any italian pasta sauce, just add smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder, and ground cumin.
- If vegan queso is not available in your area, you can use vegan cream cheese.
- You can get creative with the filling, use leftover fajita vegetables, leftover sweet potatoes, or even refried beans. The spicy pâté will bring it all together in a meaty umami experience.