- 6 large soft corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil (we used grapeseed oil)
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 chubs spicy Plantcraft pâté
- 3 stalks of spring onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 small limes
- To garnish: purple cabbage, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro
- Vegan mayo
- Drain the garbanzo beans and pat them very dry using a kitchen towel. Chop your veggies.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large skillet on very high heat, then add garbanzo beans and fry for about 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined bowl and season with salt and Mexican spices. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the chopped whites of the spring onion to the same skillet. Keep the green part for garnish. When the onions softened, poke two chubs of Plantcraft Pâté and add to the skillet. Add back the garbanzo beans and toss around for a few minutes.
- Assemble your tacos. Lay out a soft taco, spread the salsa, top it with the garbanzo bean mix, garnish with your choice of fresh veggies, then finish with the vegan mayo and a few drops of lime juice.
Serve fresh, share and enjoy.