The only pizza dough you will ever need. Create the best pizza base for our plant-based pepperoni with the perfect texture and crust. Feel free to double or halve the amount, you can always freeze any excess to use for another time.
- 16 oz high gluten flour “A”
- 15.2 oz water ( 65°F )
- .4 oz sugar
- .23 oz yeast
- 1.1 oz olive oil
- .3 oz sea salt, fine
- 8.5 oz high gluten flour “B”
- In a clean stand-up mixer bowl, mix high gluten flour “A”, water, sugar, and yeast with the dough hook on the lowest speed until all ingredients are fully mixed. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the mixture to rest for 20 minutes.
- Add olive oil and sea salt and mix at low speed until fully incorporated. Add high gluten flour “B” in 3 stages, mixing on low speed in between each stage. Once all of the flour has been incorporated, switch to speed 2 and mix until the dough forms into a smooth ball, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Coat an appropriately sized lidded container with baking spray. Transfer pizza dough into the container and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pizza dough from the container. Cut the dough into 7 oz portions, cover with a kitchen towel to prevent your dough from drying.
- Roll each piece into a ball by smoothing out the top surface, pulling back the edges, and rolling the bottom of the dough on a flat surface. Refrigerate.