A colorful centerpiece made with delicious plant-based pepperoni and fresh zucchini for your festive table. You can vary the veggies and herbs depending on what you have at home. Serve it hot or cold with chutney or a side salad.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh or dried
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Plantcraft pepperoni, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 sheet of flaky puff pastry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some oil to a pan and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes. Add a couple of bay leaves and keep frying for about 10 minutes on low to medium heat until the onion is soft. Add the crushed garlic and thyme and cook for one more minute. Transfer onto a plate to cool and remove the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees (or 180 C). Lay your puff pastry sheet on a lined baking tray. Spread the sautéd onion leaving about a 1-inch border all around. Proceed to layer the pepperoni and zucchini in rows. You can put the slices closer to each other if you like more filling.
- Fold the edges over and press down the corners. Brush with plant-based milk and sprinkle the tart with vegan parmesan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.