What’s more comforting than these golden and crispy garlic and pepperoni knots? We recommend preparing two portions as these will be gone in 5 minutes, guaranteed! Serve with warmed homemade or store-bought tomato dipping sauce!
1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry yeast
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter plus extra for brushing
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup plant-based mozzarella, shredded
- 4 oz Plantcraft pepperoni, chopped into 1/4 inch squares
- In a bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in water and let it stand for about 5-10 minutes. Stir in flour, oil, salt and start mixing until it forms a smooth dough. Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- While your dough is resting, melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet. Add the pepperoni and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, chives, parsley, and sauté for another 5-6 minutes. Once the pepperoni looks nice and crispy, transfer the mixture into a bowl and add in the shredded mozzarella cheese. Don’t clean the skillet.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and cut it into 14-16 equal pieces. Roll them into a log and tie each piece by making a loop in the center, threading one of the ends through it. Roll your knots in the pepperoni mixture until they’re coated thoroughly and place them in the skillet. Cover with a clean towel and proof for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (200 Celsius) and bake knots for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted garlic butter.