Tasty pizza turnovers with the best vegan pepperoni out there. You can add your favorite veggies or use white sauce to switch it up! They are perfect for on-the-go snacking and make great lunch box bites too.
- 28 oz pizza dough (or store bought pizza base)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour for surface
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup vegan ricotta cheese
- 40 slices Plantcraft pepperoni
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 500° F (260 celsius) and grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll one piece of dough out into an 8″ circle, about ¼” thick. Spoon pizza sauce in middle of dough, then dot with ricotta and top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Gently fold dough in half, dampen seams with water and pinch together, and then crimp edges all around. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with oil and sprinkle with salt. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, slit tops in 2 to 3 spots to create steam vents.
- Bake until tops are golden and filling is bubbling, 20 minutes, brushing with more oil halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting open.